Each week we have one of our standout KW agents or brokers go through a quick yet engaging interview to take a look into what drives our top New York City real estate professionals and what keeps them so dedicated to their clients.
Melanie Heywood is a KW Licensed Real Estate Salesperson who understands the importance of helping renters and buyers find the right apartment or house that can truly be called ‘home’. Her dynamic interpersonal skills and patience helps clients feel at ease during their search for the property that meets their needs and exceeds their expectations.
1. What made you choose real estate as a career? I always had an interest in real estate, especially finding apartments. I used to find my friends great apartments and they kept telling me that I should get paid for this! So, I left my healthcare background for real estate.
2. What is your favorite thing about this career? The flexibility. In comparison to my previous career, this one keeps me just as busy, but I have more flexibility.
3. What do you find to be the most challenging aspect of it? In the beginning it was the uncertainty that comes along with working in this field, but I have since learned to work smarter not harder, which has helped.
4. If you could live in any New York City building which would it be and why? I actually don’t have a one favorite building! I love the location of Midtown and anything around Central Park, preferably with a doorman.
5. Favorite book or movie? My Big Fat Greek Wedding, the family was so relatable.
6. Favorite restaurant? Grand Luxe Café. It’s on Long Island and it has really good food. I have relatives that are gluten-free and some are vegetarian, so I always take them there because they have something for everyone.
7. Who is your role model and why? My parents, because I saw them go through their struggle of relocating to the United States from England and their level of dedication, commitment, and faith that has led them to where they are today.
8. What 3 words best describe you? Analytical, sociable, and passionate.
9. One item you can’t live without? I just can’t live without my family.
10. Your proudest moment? Purchasing my home two years ago. It was my parent’s home and I bought it when they relocated to Florida, without any help.